Connect with the rich history and culture of the Six Nations’ Haudenosaunee community and take in the excitement of your stay in Niagara Falls Canada.
May - October
Niagara Falls and Six Nations Tours Itinerary
Located in the Fallsview district of Niagara Falls, this hotel is perfect for adults and kids alike to experience Six Nations Tourism. It’s connected to the Fallsview Casino with exciting entertainment and dining options. The hotel houses the Niagara Falls Fun Zone with everything from laser tag to mini-golf. Guest rooms feature either a city or a falls view, which are perfect for watching fireworks at night. Area attractions including Journey Behind the Falls and the Hornblower Niagara Cruise are very close by.Website: www.StarwoodHotels.com/fourpoints/
Take an Indigenous guided tour of Six Nations Canada with a knowledgeable guide to learn about the history and culture of the Six Nations peoples. Visitors will experience traditional stories and a meeting of cultures that is unique to the area with Six Nations Tourism.
- Visit a 17th-century longhouse replica at Kanata Village to get a glimpse of the social structures, families, and traditions of the Haudenosaunee people.
- Tour Her Majesty’s Royal Chapel of the Mohawks which was built in 1785 and whose stained glass windows tell stories of the Six Nations peoples.
- Explore the Woodland Cultural Centre museum to see the dramatic storyline of the prehistoric past of the First Nations of the area.
- Get insights into the history of residential schools at the Mohawk Insititute Residential school with a virtual tour.
- Step back in time at the Chiefswood National Historic Site, a historic home built in the 1850s by Mohawk Chief George Johnson.
Take a 2-hour walking tour of Niagara on the lake with an experienced local guide. Stroll through the Historic District and explore mansions, forts, graveyards, and gardens that date back to as early as 1780. Experience the colours and architecture that make this area so unique.
This tour also includes a wine tasting at Wine Country Vintners on Queen Street to try local VQA wines.Website: www.OldTownTours.ca/walking-tour/
Authentic Indigenous Experiences
Authentic indigenous experiences are delivered by indigenous tourism businesses located from across Canada and many are members of the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (ITAC).
Indigenous Tourism can be defined as all tourism businesses majority owned, operated and/or controlled by First Nations, Metis, or Inuit Peoples that can demonstrate a connection and responsibility to the local indigenous community and traditional territory where the operation resides.x
This package includes experiences with the following authentic Indigenous tourism businesses:
- Six Nations Tourism, owned by the Six Nations of the Grand River, The Haudenosaunee Confederacy, which is comprised of six member nations including the Onondaga, Cayuga, Mohawk, Oneida, Seneca, and Tuscarora.
- 2 nights deluxe accommodations
- Tour of Six Nations historic sites
- Guided walking tour of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Comprehensive program package
* Package price is the suggested starting price per person based on a double occupancy and does not include taxes.
** Flight option not included in package price. Transportation may vary to customer request and availability.
Niagara Falls and Six Nations Tours Image Gallery
Six Nations Tourism
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview