Experience Northern Canada like never before. Stay in Yellowknife and enjoy authentic indigenous experiences, ice caves, igloos, and more.
November - March
Yellowknife Winter Cultural Tour Itinerary
The Chateau Nova Yellowknife is a new, modern, full-service hotel, and the perfect back for your Yellowknife Winter Tour. The hotel includes a fitness center, steam room, sauna, and a restaurant and lounge. Experience the warm and welcoming customer service that Chateau Nova offers, and relax in recover after your adventurous activities. Enjoy Northern hospitality at its finest.Website: www.NovaHotels.ca/chateau-nova-yellowknife/
Join Aurora tours to experience, first hand, their authentic, educational cultural tour packages. You’ll get to enjoy the following activities:
- A traditional animal trap demonstration with a fur display & an interactive photoshoot
- Snowshoeing on the stunning, wintery Great Slave Lake
- Build a fire in an Indigenous tipi, and roast marshmallows
- Create your own authentic mini drum to take home with you
- Sip hot tea, and try bannock (indigenous flatbread)
- Play Aboriginal games including leg wrestling, pole push, and wood sawing
Experience the peace and beauty of the scenic Great Slave Lake and the gorgeous ice caves of Yellowknife on a guided walk with an Indigenous Guide from Narwal (Northern and Remote Wilderness Adventures Ltd.). Learn how to build a traditional Inuit igloo with your guide, all while listening to traditional stories and history about the Inuit peoples.Website: www.Narwal.ca
Authentic Indigenous Experiences
Authentic indigenous experiences are delivered by indigenous tourism businesses located from across Canada and many are members of the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (ITAC).
Indigenous Tourism can be defined as all tourism businesses majority owned, operated and/or controlled by First Nations, Metis, or Inuit Peoples that can demonstrate a connection and responsibility to the local indigenous community and traditional territory where the operation resides.x
This package includes experiences with the following authentic Indigenous tourism businesses:
- Aurora Tours - Cultural Tour
- Narwal Tours - Ice Caving and Igloo building
- 3 nights accommodation
- Hands on experience building an igloo
- Snowshoeing on the great Slave Lake
- Guided Inuit cultural tours
- Comprehensive documentation package
* Package price is the suggested starting price per person based on a double occupancy and does not include taxes.
** Flight option not included in package price. Transportation may vary to customer request and availability.
Yellowknife Winter Cultural Tour Image Gallery
Ice Cave Adventure with NARWAL Northern Adventures
Chateau Nova Yellowknife
Aboriginal Cultural Tour with Aurora Tours